VANCOUVER, BC - Integra Gold Corp. (TSX-V: ICG)
(the "Company") is pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Hervé Thiboutot as Senior Vice President -- Exploration. Mr. Thiboutot and his more than 29 years of experience working for both major and mid-tier mining companies are a welcome addition to the Company. Mr. Thiboutot is a geological engineer graduating from Laval University, Quebec City, QC, and is a member in good standing with the "Order des Ingenieurs du Quebec." During his career he has been a major contributor to the co-discovery of more than 20 million ounces of gold.
Mr. Thiboutot has significant exploration experience both in Canada and internationally. He is fluent in English, French and Spanish and brings to Integra a wealth of experience in all aspects of exploration from generating, negotiating and managing projects, to corporate, community and government relations, and in liaising with project and mine development engineers.
Some of Mr. Thiboutot career highlights include:
- Alamos Gold Corp. Most recently the Vice President of Exploration for Alamos Gold Inc., working in Mexico (Mulatos) and Turkey (Agi Dagi). During his tenure at Alamos, Hervé was instrumental in doubling the global gold resources and reserves, to more than 8 Moz in less than three years.
- Goldcorp. Project Manager -- Geology. Feasibility study of Goldcorp's Éléonore Project in Northern Quebec. The Éléonore Project is currently being developed and is forecast to be in production by 2014 producing 600,000 gold ounces per year over 15 years.
- Placer Dome Inc. During his 24-year career with Placer Dome Inc., Hervé held numerous positions involving increased responsibilities from Geologist, Project Geologist, Project Manager, Country Manager, and Exploration Manager, in diverse countries such as Canada, the United States, Tanzania, Niger, Venezuela, and Mexico, amongst others.
- In Venezuela he was the initial Exploration Manager for the Las Cristinas project, where his efforts guided the project through to feasibility, becoming a 10 million ounce plus gold deposit.
- In Mexico, as Project Manager at Mulatos, his leadership and expertise led to the expansion of the gold deposit from a 1 million to 3.5 million ounce gold resource.
"Mr. Thiboutot and his wealth of managerial and geological expertise is a significant addition to Integra's management team and will undoubtedly contribute immeasurably to the Company's future. His past successes in exploration are testament not only to his knowledge but also his tenacity. Hervé will play an integral role in moving our Lamaque Gold Project forward and creating shareholder value. We are extremely pleased that he has agreed to join our team", stated Company President and CEO, John de Jong.
As Senior Vice President, Hervé Thiboutot will be working closely with management and the Board of Directors. The foregoing appointment is subject to TSX Venture exchange approval and to a standard probationary period.
LAMAQUE GOLD PROJECT:
The Lamaque Gold Project is located in the Val-d'Or gold camp in the Province of Quebec, Canada, which is rated one of the best mining jurisdictions in the world. Infrastructure, human resources and mining expertise are readily accessible.
The majority of the Company's 62 million shares are tightly held by a number of private investors, institutions and a major gold producer, Shandong Gold International Mining Ltd. The Company's focus is to advance gold zones demonstrating potential for open pit and underground mining and where gold resources can be added quickly to the reported gold resource of, 800,799 metric tons, average grade 6.33 g/t for 162,962 ounces Troy gold indicated and 2,335,530 metric tons average grade 6.91 g/t gold for 518,643 ounces Troy gold inferred.
The gold project shares its northeastern border with the producing Sigma Mine which has produced 4.7 million ounces of gold to date and has reported significant gold resources and reserves. On its northwest border the Main Plug produced the majority of its 4.7 million ounces of gold for the historic Lamaque Mine. The Agnico-Eagle Goldex Mine, located approximately 6 kilometers west, reported reserves of 3.4 million gold ounces (mine closed recently due to engineering difficulties), and directly west of Goldex is the producing Osisko Mine reporting reserves of 10.71 million ounces of gold.
The Lamaque Property is located about 550 km northwest of Montréal, Quebec. The property consists of four (4) contiguous mining concessions and twenty (20) mining claims for a total of 1,459 hectares, owned 100% by Integra.
John de Jong CEO email@example.com or
Ariel Cobangbang firstname.lastname@example.org
Or visit the company website: www.integragold.com
Follow Integra Gold On:
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this news release.
This news release does not constitute an offer to sell or solicitation of an offer to sell any securities in the United States. The securities have not been and will not be registered under the United States Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "U.S. Securities Act") or any state securities laws and may not be offered or sold within the United States or to U.S. Persons unless registered under the U.S. Securities Act and applicable state securities laws or an exemption from such registration is available.